There are many ways in which you can contribute help and support to INDS. These include:
- Offering your workplace as somewhere for students to intern or conduct research.
- Serve as an advisor to a student’s INDS degree program.
- Writing to share with us what you have done with your INDS degree.
- Visiting us to tell our students about an interdisciplinary activity or idea of interest to you.
- Organizing and participating in INDS Alumni Events
Interested in how you can be involved – or do you have an idea that is not listed above? We welcome you to email us with your ideas!
Supporting INDS Financially
One of the simplest and most direct ways help our program is to contribute financially through our Gritstarter site. Even a small contribution makes a big difference to what we can do – particularly in terms of events, travel and research scholarships and other discretionary spending.
This is especially flexible in that you are welcome to talk to us about a specific purpose for which you would like your gift to be used – to support a particular student activity (research direction, student travel to a conference, competition prize, refreshments at a particular event or anything else) – with or without you as a named benefactor. Feel free to contact the director or any member of the staff directly if you would like to discuss an option.
You can also make a gift online designated to INDS by mail, a matching gift, or planning giving through the UMBC Giving site.