INDS 400 Independent Study Important Information
- INDS 400 Independent Study is open only to INDS majors.
- An independent study can range from 1-3 credits depending on the amount of work and time required.
- Most independent studies are research-based papers; the typical length is 30 pages for a 3-credit independent study. If the independent study has the outcomes of a finished product/presentation, a 10-page written component must accompany the final project.
- The deadline for completed work in the independent study is the last day of class in the semester for which enrolled in INDS 400. A copy must be sent to both the faculty mentor and uploaded into your INDS 400 google folder.
- The faculty mentor will assign a letter grade for the independent study and communicate that grade to the student, the INDS advisor, and the Director before the last day grades are due.
- Please be sure to adhere to the deadlines specified by the Registrar’s Office when requesting the addition (or the drop) of INDS 400 to your schedule.
INDS 400 Independent Study Instructions
- If you are interested in completing INDS 400 Independent Study, you must meet with your INDS advisor to discuss how this independent study will relate to your degree plan, INDS 400 registration procedures, and the intended work to be completed to earn credit.
- All independent studies must have a faculty mentor guiding the work for INDS 400 credit. If the independent study follows much of the work from an established course, the syllabus should be followed as closely as possible.
- It is recommended that you complete sections III, IV, V, and VI of this form with your faculty mentor supervising the independent study. After it is complete, the student will email Holly Cudzilo, cc: the INDS advisor, and indicate it is ready for the DocuSign process for signature approvals.
- The Docusign approval page will be sent to the student (student is required to attach the INDS 400 Independent Study Request Form), then to the INDS advisor, faculty mentor, and finally to the INDS Director for approvals.
- After all approvals are obtained through Docusign, the student will receive permission to register for INDS 400, and a google folder will be created that contains the signed form. This is also the location where completed INDS 400 work will be submitted.