To earn a Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies, students must:
Submit a degree proposal when they have earned between 60 and 90 credits.
A degree proposal contains the following:
- Clarity in reasons for designing a themed degree plan
- Cohesive learning objectives (see samples)
- An integrative Capstone Project idea
- The support of two faculty advisors from two of the strongest disciplines represented in the proposal
- At least 42 credits of courses at the 200-level and above
- All courses in our core curriculum
Have a GPA of at least 2.5 at the time of proposal submission and maintain that through graduation.
If this is an area of concern, please see this helpful resource from the Office for Academic and Pre-Professional and Advising. Get in touch with your INDS advisor to discuss ways to boost your GPA. Another handy function: the GPA calculator.
A student can graduate with departmental honors by maintaining at least a 3.5 GPA and by taking INDS 330H or INDS 430H and INDS 490H.
Orally present their Capstone Project.