There are many ways in which you can contribute help and support to INDS. These include:
- Offering your workplace as somewhere for students to intern or conduct research.
- Serve as an advisor to a student’s INDS degree program.
- Writing to share with us what you have done with your INDS degree.
- Visiting us to tell our students about an interdisciplinary activity or idea of interest to you.
- Organizing and participating in INDS Alumni Events
Interested in how you can be involved – or do you have an idea that is not listed above? We welcome you to email us with your ideas!
Supporting INDS Financially
One of the simplest and most direct ways help our program is to contribute financially through our GiveCorps site. Even a small contribution makes a big difference to what we can do – particularly in terms of events, travel and research scholarships and other discretionary spending.
This is especially flexible in that you are welcome to talk to us about a specific purpose for which you would like your gift to be used – to support a particular student activity (research direction, student travel to a conference, competition prize, refreshments at a particular event or anything else) – with or without you as a named benefactor. Feel free to contact the director or any member of the staff directly if you would like to discuss an option here.
You can make a (fully tax deductible) gift online, designated to INDS by following the instructions below:
- Go to INDS Annual Giving
- Select the amount on the right-hand side of the amount you want to give
- Click the red “Donate” button
If you prefer to pay by check, make checks payable to the UMBC Foundation. Please be sure to write the name of your gift designation Interdisciplinary Studies in the memo area of the check and mail to:
Office of institutional Advancement
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250