Help to Promote Recycling - Paid Internship(s) Available to Start Winter or Spring 2014
Baltimore County Bureau of Solid Waste (trash/recycling) Management
We anticipate one or more openings for
paid internships, starting between January 2014 and June 2014, in our
Towson office. Prospective interns should be able to commit at least a
total of 120 hours to their internship. Internships have lasted from 2
months to 4 years. For best consideration, please apply (details below) by Friday, December 6, 2013.
The Bureau accepts resumes and cover
letters, on an ongoing basis, from motivated, talented individuals with
an interest in promoting recycling and waste
prevention. Applicants should have strong research and writing skills.
As paid Baltimore County employees ($8/hour to start), our interns:
- Gain purposeful work experience in an office environment;
- Apply and develop skills in research, writing, public relations,
marketing, video production, data analysis and/or other areas;
- Provide input and receive feedback as part of a team promoting
recycling, waste prevention, and best solid waste management practices;
- Learn more about how local government works;
- Work flexible schedules customized to academic, job and other commitments;
- Improve future employment prospects; and
- May become eligible for permanent County jobs!
If this internship program seems like a good fit for you, why "waste"
any more time? Become a part of a proud tradition (91 interns since
Submit a resume and cover letter to Clyde Trombetti, Public Information Specialist, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Resumes should include GPA (grade point average), and cover letters should mention availability to the extent known.
For more information call 410-887-2791.