There are many ways in which you can contribute help and support to INDS. These include:
- Offering your workplace as somewhere for students to intern or conduct research.
- Serve as an advisor to a student’s INDS degree program.
- Writing to share with us what you have done with your INDS degree.
- Visiting us to tell our students about an interdisciplinary activity or idea of interest to you.
- Organizing and participating in INDS Alumni Events
Interested in how you can be involved – or do you have an idea that is not listed above? We welcome you to email us with your ideas!
Supporting INDS Financially
One of the simplest and most direct ways help our program is to contribute financially through the UMBC Foundation. Even a small contribution makes a big difference to what we can do – particularly in terms of events, travel and research scholarships and other discretionary spending.
This is especially flexible in that you are welcome to talk to us about a specific purpose for which you would like your gift to be used – to support a particular student activity (research direction, student travel to a conference, competition prize, refreshments at a particular event or anything else) – with or without you as a named benefactor. Feel free to contact the director or any member of the staff directly if you would like to discuss an option here.
You can make a (fully tax deductable) gift online, designated to Interdisciplinary Studies (INDS) by following the instructions below:
- Go to www.umbc.edu/giving/
- Click “Give”
- Select “Make an Online Gift”
- Enter all of your information and choose your designation to be “Other” and enter Interdisciplinary Studies or INDS as your other designation.
If you prefer to pay by check, make checks payable to the UMBC Foundation. Please be sure to write the name of your gift designation Interdisciplinary Studies in the memo area of the check and mail to:
Office of institutional Advancement
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250