Within the INDS program, we perceive our mission is to:
- Offer a self-designed degree program for undergraduate students who can demonstrate a clear purpose for integrating disciplinary perspectives and applied fields.
- Provide a writing intensive curriculum and regular student presentations that develop skills in critical thinking, analytical writing, research methods, and communication
- Present a showcase of interdisciplinary and integrative student research exemplified by each student’s Capstone Project.
- Contribute research and workshops to the UMBC community and beyond – including the international Association for Integrative Studies.
- Create a forum for faculty collaboration across disciplines in campus-wide panel discussions, joint mentoring of student researchers and other events..